Over the years since I first began doing web-related work, I’ve seen a dramatic increase in the buzz, chatter, and overall popularity of a subject with which I am intricately familiar. That subject is vitamin d3, a specific form of vitamin d that is superior in terms of its health benefits to other forms of vitamin d.
I first learned about vitamin d3 and its myriad health benefits while working on my mother Pam’s website (pamelaegan.com). Pam is a nurse practitioner with more health and medical certifications than I am able to keep track of. She has been writing about the subject of D3 for years now, long before the recent media frenzy surrounding the topic.
Lately, I’ve been seeing the term “vitamin d3″ all over the news, appearing daily in various blogs and newspapers, with countless e-commerce sites doing their best to sell vitamin d3 supplements.
I did some basic evidence-gathering domain queries and was surprised to find what I consider to be a handful of domain names related to vitamin d3 that had not yet been registered as of the time I ran the query. Needless to say, upon my discovery of their availability, I quickly snatched up what I could, registering the domain names I deemed to be of high quality at GoDotYourself.com as soon as I saw they were available.
Among those I registered are the following:
- VitaminD3.info – Currently home to an informative website featuring articles and resources related to vitamin d3.
- VitaminD3.org – Another d3-related domain that I intend to develop. I’m not sure just yet exactly what I’m going to do with this one, but I’ve turned down offers as high as $750 (USD) for this domain, as I anticipate the value of the term will only increase from here and d3 just happens to be a niche around which I am focusing my development efforts.
- Vitamin-D3.info – A .info version of the first name listed, only with a dash between the two words. For some reason, domains containing dashes in between keywords seem to do better in Yahoo searches for the exact set of keywords represented in the domain.
- VitaminD3Blog.com – A perfect domain for a blog about vitamin d3. I just registered the domain, and had posted once to the blog as of the time of this writing.
- VitaminD3Store.com – I admit I was a bit surprised this one was available, as I registered it almost two years after I nabbed the initial domains. This is where the eventual money-site will go, as it is the perfect combination of words to describe an e-commerce site that sells vitamin d3.
- VitaminD3Supplements.com – This is another keyword-domain with big-time commercial potential that I would not have expected would have been available for registration this late in the game.
- VitaminD3.biz – I already owned the .info and .org version, I figured $8 a year was a well-priced insurance policy against potential competitors using names too similar for comfort.
- Vitamin-D3.us – Another one with the dash. If I ever get all the others developed, I wouldn’t rule out my placing a complimentary mini-site at this location. You never know…
For what it’s worth, though I do have serious intent on developing the domain names contained within the above list, everyone has his or her price, and I am most certainly willing to listen to and entertain offers, should a potential buyer show interest.
Since this is a niche within which I intend to compete, it will probably take more money than many would consider ‘fair market value’ for the domains. However, if you happen to be reading this, have the money and want the domains more than I do, allow me to direct you to the FatLester.com Buy Domain Names form. Feel free to fill out the form, or better yet call me directly at the phone number listed if you’re really serious about purchasing one or more of the above domains.